Managing national forests in Idaho
Critical Choices for Our Forests
This Idaho Forest Products Commission publication focuses on national forests located in Idaho and provides an overview of the background, management process and current issues facing our public forests.
Download Sections by Topic
- National Forests in Decline Overview
- What are National Forests?
- National Forests: Changes in Management Priorities
- National Forests: Key Forest Laws & Policies Over Time
- National Forests in Idaho: What They Provide & What’s At Stake – Public Access, Water, Wildlife, Wildfire, Healthy Forests and Economics
- National Forest Management Process
- How Do Forests Work? What is Forest Management?
- Idaho Forests by Ownership
- National Forests in Idaho in Decline – Growth, Harvest, Mortality and Age Graphs
- Wildfires and National Forests
- The Road to Healthy, Resilient Forests: What can we do to secure the future of OUR Forests: Active Management, Sustainability, Restoration and Resources.
- What Does Restoration Mean?
- The Road to Healthy, Resilient Forests: Use Management Tools
- The Road to Healthy, Resilient Forests: Laws, Legal Fees and Local
- What Role Does the Forest Industry Play?