The Idaho Forest: From Lumberjacks to Lasersaws
FOREST HISTORY SUPPLEMENT FOR IDAHO TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
The Idaho Forest: From Lumberjacks to Lasersaws focuses on Idaho’s forests and forest industry. It consists of a Student Reader and a Teacher Guide.
The Student Reader, designed like a scrapbook, has four sections:
- King Pine – about the western white pine, our state tree.(PDF, 861kb)
- Forest Digest – about Idaho forest geography and ownership.(PDF, 1.9Mb)
- Tools of the Trade – about historic and modern forest technology.(PDF, 737kb)
- People and Idaho’s Forest – about the pioneering people tied to our forests.(PDF, 1.5Mb)
- The full 16-page student reader in PDF format.(PDF, 6.1Mb)
The Teacher Guide has background information, lesson plans, reproducible student pages and glossary, and overhead transparency maps. The student activities are correlated to Idaho Content Standards in Social Studies, Math and Language Arts.
- Teacher Guide.(PDF, 970kb)