High quality, Idaho-based professional development
Use the environment to engage children in learning – both outside and indoors
Project Learning Tree provides high quality, professional development for teachers and others who work with PreK, K-8 and high school learners. We offer trainings throughout Idaho on a variety of topics that will increase your learners’ knowledge of and appreciation for trees, Idaho forests and the natural environment. You’ll receive award-winning PLT activity guides and gain a separate credit for each workshop.
Want to design a course for your specific needs? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about upcoming Idaho Project Learning Tree workshops, read workshop descriptions and learn about the benefits of participating in Idaho PLT workshops below.
Sign up for upcoming workshops!
PLT TALK TRASH Workshop – Boise – February 22-23, 2019
PLT FOCUS ON EARLY CHILDHOOD Workshop – Boise – March 29-30, 2019
PLT ENGAGING ELEMENTARY Workshop – Boise – April 5-6, 2019
FOCUS ON LITERATURE with PROJECTS WILD, WET and PLT – Hailey – May 3-4, 2019
PLT Engaging Elementary Workshop (Boise) – April 5-6, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT Walk in the Forest Workshop (Idaho City) – June 6-7, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Three Cheers for Trees (Early Childhood). Idaho Falls. June 13, 2019$25.00 Add to cart
PLT Talk Trash Workshop (Boise) – February 22-23, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT Focus on Early Childhood Workshop – Boise – March 29-30, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
Focus on Literature with WILD, WET and PLT – Hailey. May 3-4, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Three Cheers for Trees (Early Childhood). Boise – July 30, 2019$25.00 Add to cart
Focus on Literature with WILD, WET and PLT – Pocatello, July 16-17, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
Focus on Literature with WILD, WET and PLT – Boise, November 8-9, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT Focus on Early Childhood Workshop – Coeur d’Alene, November 1-2, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Focus on STEM – Idaho Falls – June 6-7-2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Focus on STEM – Coeur d’Alene – July 23-24, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Focus on STEM – Boise, October 18-19, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
PLT: Hot Topics – Fire, Climate and More – Boise – July 18-19, 2019$40.00 Add to cart
- All PLT workshops have proven activities that help you accomplish curricular goals in meaningful ways, and are offered for professional education credit (for recertification) unless noted. Each title is provided for a separate credit. There is no prerequisite for these workshops, but we highly recommend taking the Engaging Elementary PLT workshop early in your PLT “career.” You’ll want to take them all!
- Engaging Elementary workshops focus on trees, forests and ecology, and on using PLT environmental education activities to accomplish a variety of curricular goals.
- At the Focus on Early Childhood workshop. activities integrate nature-based exploration, art, literature, math, music and movement, and outdoor play into early childhood education programs. The activities highlight the importance of kinesthetic learning and engagement by incorporating music and movement using an accompanying music CD. We offer STARS hours in addition to university credit.
- Three Cheers for Trees workshops are 4-hour short versions of the Focus on Early Childhood workshop, designed especially for daycare and preschool providers. 4 Idaho STARS hours are provided, but no university credit.
- Focus on Literature with WILD, WET and Learning Tree workshops incorporate elementary children’s literature with activities from Project’s WILD, WET and Learning Tree. This is a favorite of Project “groupies” who take numerous classes!
- Hot Topics workshops focus on “hot” environmental issues, such as climate, fire, invasive species and more. Controversial issues are interesting and engaging for students. At this class, you’ll learn more about these topics, as well as get tools for teaching about them with PLT’s “how to think, not what to think” approach.
- The Walk in the Forest workshop takes you into your local forests. During the school year, the Friday evening session is classroom-based, with Saturday forest-based. During the summer, both days may be spent in the forest. Learn about forest ecology, land ownerships and mandates, how and why forests are managed, and how to help students learn outside. Connect with local foresters and other resource people.
- Focus on STEM workshops. Wood you believe? Investigate Idaho’s trees, forests and forest products in a STEM context. Do hands-on inquiry activities from Project Learning Tree and other programs, indoors and out. Identify and measure trees. Make paper and test paper qualities. Go behind the scenes where wood products are made. You’ll leave eager and equipped with abundant resources to explore these topics and activities with your students.
- Talk Trash workshops focus on where stuff comes from, where it ends up, and what happens to it inbetween. Topics: Renewable and nonrenewable resources, papermaking, recycling, compost, landfills, energy and more.
- WILD About Forests workshops, jointly offered by Project WILD and Project Learning Tree, explore the vital connection between forests and wildlife both large and small. Get out on the ground with people who work with wildlife in Idaho ’s forests, and learn how forests are managed to meet the habitat needs of a multitude of species (including humans)!
Why Attend an Idaho PLT Workshop?
- Participate in hands-on (and minds-on!) PLT activities, both indoors and out.
- Expand your knowledge base.
- Enhance your teaching skills.
- Plan ways to use PLT activities to accomplish existing curricular goals and meet education standards.
- Join the growing community of educators who believe in PLT’s approach to education.
- Receive PLT materials (PreK-8 Activity Guide, Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood, or Secondary Modules).
- Earn university credit (optional).
For more information call: 208-334-4061 or email email@example.com
Learn more about Project Learning Tree at www.plt.org.